September 2022 Release Overview
Internet Archive upgraded the Vault digital repository and preservation service to Version 0.5.0 in September 2022. This release includes significant infrastructure improvements that lay the groundwork for future features and functionality as well as some UI improvements thanks to feedback from our pilot partners. User-facing changes include UI improvements to the Collections Page which are outlined below.
If you have any questions or comments about this release, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this page:
New & Improved Features
- Improvements have been made to the Collections Page UI navigation experience which now allows users the ability to:
- Scroll the directory, content, and detail panels independently
- Horizontally expand/adjust the size of the directory panel
- Deposits to Vault via a Command Line Interface (“CLI”) utility are now live and being tested by a beta cohort. If you are interested in testing this feature, please contact us at email@example.com.
Next Release Planning
Priorities for the next release (without guaranteeing all this will be done by then):
- Collections Page UI improvements
- Static buttons above the table headers to make it easier to initiate actions such as Rename, Move, Delete, Deposit, etc. Thank you to all the pilot partners for the feedback on the button vs. right-click actions in the UI.