Partners can now link to catalog records stored in ArchivesSpace from Archive-It seed records.
- Step 1: Install ArchivesSpace digital object plugin
- Step 2: Link ArchivesSpace resource to Archive-It seed
Install ArchivesSpace digital object plugin
This is an ArchivesSpace plugin that extends the ArchivesSpace API to allow real time Digital Object look ups.
- Download latest release at: https://github.com/NYULibraries/Archivesspace-DO-Plugin/releases
- Uncompress and install the plugin in your archivesspace plugins directory
- Enable the plugin by editing the file in config/config.rb: AppConfig[:plugins] = ['some_exisiting plugin', 'composers']
- Add a proxy for your backend url in config/config.rb: AppConfig[:backend_proxy_url] = "http://example.com:8089"
Full documentation is available on the plugin GitHub page.
Link ArchivesSpace resource to Archive-It seed
The ArchivesSpace digital object plugin includes an endpoint designed for integration with Archive-It. The endpoint generates a json response that provides the title, number of digital objects, and a link to provide a user with more information about a collection for a resource in ArchivesSpace.
Once the ArchivesSpace plug-in has been installed, you'll need to follow these steps to connect related resources to your seeds:
- Locate the URI for an ArchivesSpace resource.
- Open the Seed settings for the relevant web resource and navigate to the Metadata tab.
- Click "Edit" to add metadata.
- Copy and paste the URI into the “Related Archival Materials” field and click “Add” to commit the entry. Note that only one ArchivesSpace URI can currently be connected per document/seed in Archive-It.
- The results will list the Collection Title and Extent and should appear on the public site within an hour.
Full documentation is available on the Archive-It integration GitHub page.
This discovery tool was developed in collaboration with NYU Libraries and funded with support from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.