The “Related Archival Materials” metadata field makes it possible for partners using ArchivesSpace to integrate non-web collections in their holdings into seed-level Archive-It records.
Enabling this feature requires installation of an ArchivesSpace plug-in currently in final testing by NYU. We will update these instructions as more information becomes available to us on the required preliminary steps within your ArchivesSpace instance.
Once the ArchivesSpace plug-in has been installed, you'll need to follow these steps to connect related resources to your seeds:
- Locate the URI for the collection record in ArchivesSpace.
- Open the Seed settings for the relevant web resource and navigate to the Metadata tab.
- Click "Edit" to add metadata.
- Copy and paste the URI into the “Related Archival Materials” field and click “Add” to commit the entry.
- The results will list the Collection Title and Extent and should appear on the public site within an hour.
This discovery tool was developed in collaboration with NYU Libraries and funded with support from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.