All metadata fields are visible in your public account and collection pages on archive-it.org. But there may be cases where you need to keep metadata fields private, so that they are only visible when you log into your account. This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to make specific metadata fields private.
You need to have Administrator level privileges in your account to control this visibility, or ask an Administrator in your account to do it.
If you would like to make a specific metadata field private across all the collections, seeds and documents in your account:
- Navigate to the Administration link in the upper-right corner of the web application through the drop down arrow.
- Choose the Account Settings tab in the middle.
- Scroll to the text box toward the bottom called Private Metadata Fields.
Enter the names of any metadata fields that you would like to keep private.
- Enter each field name on a separate line.
- Use all lowercase letters.
- Click Save.
Fields entered into the Private Metadata Fields box should no longer be visible on your public pages at archive-it.org. Please wait up to one hour for the indexing to allow this.