Archive-It accounts may be used on a free trial basis for up to 15 days in order to provide web archiving experience and samples without financial obligation. During the 15-day free trial period, prospective partners may use some of the same software and services that come standard to any Archive-It partnership. There is no obligation to continue. At the end of the 15-day period, Internet Archive staff can consult on the service and storage fees associated with collecting at your desired scale. A formal quote is also available at any time by request.
To begin your free trial, contact the Archive-It team here.
Terms and services
A 15-day trial account includes the following:
- Curator tools: Access your account anytime through a web browser. Automate your collecting using our specialized tools to archive websites, pages, and social media feeds. Use the high-fidelity, automated browser tool Brozzler to collect from the live web, up to 10 GB at a time.
- Full service quote: Test drive for a month and a quote can be provided at any time for ongoing service partnership.
These additional tools and services are available ongoing Archive-It partners with annually renewable service agreements:
- Curator tools: Use Brozzler and/or legacy web capture technology to collect from the live web without data limits.
- Access controls: Institutional collection pages with metadata and full-text search and features for metadata import and export. Public access portals at archive-it.org and tools for custom/local site integrations.
- Perpetual storage: Primary and backup copies stored in the standard WARC preservation format at the Internet Archive’s data centers. Additional options to receive your data via shipped drive or download APIs.
- Technical support: In-depth tutorials, training, documentation, and helpdesk support from the Internet Archive’s professional web archivists and engineers.
Questions? Contact us.