Topics: Cataloging, Feature Request, Collaboration, Collection development (among others)
- Cataloging at the seed level versus the collection level versus something else?
- Suggestion to create seed level records at the time of crawling
- Seed level metadata but restricted to certain fields
- Exploring how to apply to Government Documents, where cataloging workflows are established for print materials
- Reminder to use bulk seed metadata to ease the workflow
- Contextualize in understanding what is the goal of cataloging
- OCLC web archiving metadata best practices
Interested in feedback on feature development:
- Automatic tagging
- Controlled vocabulary
- Options include in a dropdown built into AIT
- Or via archives space
- The frustration of managing vocabularies in different places - what is the advantage of another?
- API harvesting
- There are limits on display, so interested in feedback
- Different institutions have different perspectives on capturing comments, how far back, etc
- There are limits on what API harvesting would include
- Workflow tools
- Examples include: task assignments, checking if crawls have been QA’d, etc
Collaborating with others using AIT:
- Navigating AIT can be confusing, would prefer a simpler interface
- Work on the ux/ui is on the roadmap in the future
Please sign in to leave a comment.