On this page:
How to log in to the web application
To log into our web application and manage your account:
- Begin at: www.archive-it.org
- Click the orange Login tab at the top-right corner of the page
- Enter your username and password
After you log into the web application, you will be taken to your account's home page. This page displays your active collections and the percentage of your crawl budget that has been used in your current subscription period.
Administrative functions are located in the Administration area, accessible from the menu at the top-right corner of the screen, under the "Welcome" text.
How to add additional users
When logged into the web application, Administrator level users may add additional users to their account by following these steps:
- Click the Administration link on the upper-right corner of the screen.
Select the Add/Edit Users tab. Note: this will only be visible for users who are Administrators for their account.
- Add the name and email address of your new user, as well as a a username for their account.
- Designate the new user's Access Level (Administrator, User, or Contributor), and choose whether or not they should receive emails when a crawl is about to start or has recently completed. For more information on these choices, consult our complete guidance to assigning user access levels.
- A temporary password will be generated automatically once you submit the form, and will automatically be emailed to the user's email address.
Account administrators may create up to 10 user logins. Deleting a user from your Archive-It account will not revert any actions (e.g. scheduled crawls, seeds created, etc.) made by that user.
How to add a customized URL, logo, and description to your account
Once logged into the Archive-It web application, click the Administration link at the upper-right corner of the screen. Note: this will only be visible for users who are Administrators for their account.
Select the Account Settings tab:
From this interface, you can add or edit the description of your institution, its URL on the live web, customize your institution's URL on the Archive-It public site (www.archive-it.org/yourURLhere), and upload your organizational logo. Logos should be a standard image format like .png, .gif, or .jpg, and under 500 x 500 pixels/50KB. This information will appear on your partner page at: www.archive-it.org.
Private Metadata Fields
You may make specific metadata fields private across all of the collections, seeds, and documents in your account, meaning that they will not be visible on your account's page on archive-it.org, but will be visible to and exportable by users logged into your account in our web application. To do so:
- Navigate to the Administration area, accessible by the link in the top-right corner of the screen, under the "Welcome" text.
- Click on the "Account Settings" tab and scroll down to the "Private Metadata Fields" box.
- Enter the names of any metadata fields that you would like to be private (enter each field name on a separate line, in all lower case letters):
How to track and analyze access to your collections
You can also track traffic to your archived content on www.archive-it.org from this administrative section of the web application. To learn more about this feature, consult our guidance on integrating your account with Google Analytics.