Archive-It 5.0 was a major overhaul and improvement of our services, but we always have our eyes on the next big developments. Below are some of the top feature requests and enhancements on our list for future releases of 5.0, 5.1, and beyond. If you have additional ideas please let us know via the Archive-It Feature Request Forum.
- Ability to move and share seeds between collections
- Ability to run reoccurring test crawls
- Streamlined metadata entry: the ability to see previously/commonly used terms, auto-populate metadata fields
- Ability to remove ‘out of scope’ or unwanted content from your collection
- Updated Wayback look and feel (banner, calendar page, etc.)
- Linking related seeds, such as sites that change their URL on the live web
- Embargo periods for collections and/or specific seeds
- Improved automatic extraction of metadata (especially embedded metadata from PDF files)
We will update this information with further details and timelines as soon as they are available.