Groups, or Seed Groups, are a useful tool for managing your collections. They can be used to:
- Organize long lists of seeds and streamline workflows within your account.
- Provide an extra filter and discovery layer for related seed URLs in public collections.
- Link related seeds between collections on public account pages, or internally for shared seeds.
Where to find Groups
Group names appear in a column on a collection’s Seeds page. Using the header at the top of the column, you can filter your seed list to show only seeds in a specific group or groups. Using that filtered view you can:
- Change crawl frequency or other seed settings
- Add metadata
- Add scoping rules
- Run a One-Time or Test crawl on just those seeds
When publicly visible, Group names appear as a filterable metadata facet. Groups are listed first under Narrow Your Results. Clicking on a Group name will filter the list of URLs to only those in that group.
Note: Names of Groups created prior to September 12, 2022 will appear as filters on public collections by default. All Groups created after September 12, 2022 will not be listed publicly by default. You always have the option of changing a Group’s visibility settings.