This page details our recommended process to create and manage a new collection:
Create a new collection
Click the Create a Collection button on either your account's home page (shown below) or from the homepage of the Collections tab selected from the top black navigation bar in the web application. You will be prompted to give your new collection a name.
Once you create a collection, it will have its own dedicated management space in your account:
Add seeds to a new collection via the button on the Overview tab. You can add additional seeds to your collection at any time using the Seeds tab.
Seeds are starting point URLs where your crawls will begin. If any of the seeds you add are malformed, you will have the chance to check them for spelling or other errors before the collection is crawled. You will also be given a warning if a seed appears in another collection in your account or has scoping rules automatically applied to it.
Manage collection settings
Navigate among the tabs across the top of the collection management space in order to manage your collection's settings, scope, and functions:
- Overview tab - Review summary data about your collection, including documents and data archived. Edit the collection name by clicking the pencil icon beside the name. Use the settings to adjust the visibility (public/private) and regular crawling status (active/inactive) of the collection.
- Seeds tab - Manage your seeds' settings, types, crawl frequencies, and metadata, either individually or in bulk. Access archived captures of your seeds using the Wayback links.
- Crawls tab - Review reports for current and completed crawls performed in this collection.
- Collection scope tab - Modify your collection's crawl scope in order to refine how our crawler decides what does and does not belong in it.
- Metadata tab - Add, edit, or upload collection level metadata.
- Wayback QA tab - Manage documents and data discovered during the Quality Assurance (QA) process for this collection.
Upload an image
You also have the option to upload an image to represent your collection on https://archive-it.org/ Just click on the box that reads "Upload Image" to select a file from your computer.
If you want to make a change to an existing image, click on it to replace it with a new image.