New Instagram seeds will have the default scoping rules automatically applied at the seed level when they are added to a collection. To learn more, including how you can add default scoping rules to existing seeds, please visit Sites with automated scoping rules.
To Successfully Crawl Instagram Seeds:
- Be specific. Always include a specific user, followed by a / at the end. For example https://www.instagram.com/internetarchive/
- Use the Standard seed type for Instagram seeds
- Ignore robots.txt at the seed level -OR- Add a collection level scoping rule to ignore robots.txt for the hosts www.instagram.com and fbcdn.net
- Add a seed-level expand scope rule to include URL if it contains the text instagram.com/p/
Your archived Instagram pages should play back accurately in Wayback with the following exceptions:
- We are at present only able to consistently replay the default (up to 12 images) scroll of the dynamically loading content for Instagram pages.